Friday, January 9, 2009

Family Time

We had a lot of fun spending time with our family over the Christmas break. The activities below are just a few. Brent had helped his dad cut some fire wood and was really tired one evening when we were at my parents and he said he wanted to head out a little early. However, the boys roped him in to a game of Texas Hold-em while the girls did some last minute wrapping. Around 11pm, I came out and told him I was ready to go whenever. He all of the sudden wasn't tired anymore (it could have nothing to do with the three cans of Mountain Dew he had downed) and told me to see if I could find more wrapping because it was going to be a while. I know it doesn't look like it in this picture, but by about 1am, Brent had swept the table and said we could head home.

He was also the star of the paint ball exhibition. He didn't get shot once so his team won every time. Since he never got shot, he was kind of embarrassed when the boys found out he was wearing a bullet proof vest he borrowed from his brother who's a local Sheriff. I'm sure they were just jealous.

Ahhh, Rock Band. Members of four different families got Rock Band for Christmas so it seemed where ever we went, there it was. Brent and I probably played for 15-20 hours over the break. Talk about a waste of time. It sure was fun though and if anyone has one they are willing to share, we'll be right over because we're going through withdrawals.

6 comments:

Megan D. said...

Man. I love Rock Band. It is the biggest waste of time like you said, but is so addicting. It fulfills the need for your inner rock star. Love it. :)

Megan, John and kids said...

I'm definitely very sad we missed out on the rock band fun. It looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

5fords said...

that bullet proof vest thing was pretty funny. I have never done the paint ball thing, I wonder if it hurts when you do get shot??

Sarah McM said...

We have Rock Band AND a Texas Hold 'Em poker set. Looks like we've got good times ahead.

The Rich Family said...

HI Paij! Its your old friend and roommate Lisa Rich (Shelton). I found you on Sarah's blog. It looks like you are doing so well. Your daughter is a doll!

Susan said...

I still have yet to play Rock Band, but Dave got Guitar Hero for Christmas and it's pretty fun, even for a non-gamer like me! You guys should come over and play... in all that free time you two have! ;)


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!