Sunday, October 4, 2009

Walk at School

One of my internships this semester is at Greenbrook Elementary School. This week, we joined "iwalk Mississippi" in a little walk around the school, and I do mean little. It was about a quarter mile and the kids did great. My poor counselor was out with the flu so this became my responsibility. Monday, I decided we needed a something to get the kids excited about the walk, and since gators are the school's mascot, I found this picture of a gator walking and thought we could make a sign out of it. We added the hat because the kids could wear hats while they walked. So the counselor assistant and myself, busted this poster out. It is about 10 feet tall. We got 550 goodie bags ready, blew up and tied balloons around the school, and organized the parents. The newspaper was there and everything. http://desototimes.com/articles/2009/10/04/news/local/doc4ac6a384a6a89513667752.txt I think it was a pretty successful event if I do say so myself.


3 comments:

The Sullengers said...

Oh how fun! You are great with the kids and at your job!

Susan said...

Oh my, your poster turned out SO stinkin' cute! You've been hiding a talent I think!

Sarah McM said...

Way to go, Paij! Looks like you were made for this job.


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!