Sunday, November 29, 2009

The stockings were hung

I've been looking for new stockings since I was pregnant, so this is the third Christmas. I had thought about just buying some but couldn't find any that I liked in my price range. So then I thought about making some but I still didn't know what I wanted. After looking at 30 Google image pages, I had an idea. I drug Brent into Hancock and he picked out what he wanted. Here is the result.

I thought it turned out pretty good so I started on number two and just changed the colors around a bit.

On to Morgan's. I knew I didn't want to use the same fringe or cording because I didn't know what would be available when I had my next child. So I kept with the theme but used different stuff.

I happy with the way they turned out.

7 comments:

Sarah McM said...

Love love it. Did you do the embroidery on your own machine?

Unknown said...

Paij they are beautiful!!! I have been looking for a long time now too trying to find stocking that i really like.. and well we still dont have any!!! those are great!!!

krisjane said...

So cute!!! I have been looking for ideas too for stockings and love what you did!!! Also, I am taking my sister to the MTC this next week and it has brought back so many memories of being there, especially because this was the same time of year we were there. I have so many fun memories of you!!! You meant so much to me there!! :) I love being able to see your blog and being able to keep in touch with you! I miss you and love you and hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!! :)

Terry and Kalli said...

They are fabulous, not weird! I love them!!!

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

So cute!! I've been looking for stockings for about 3 yrs too. I might have to do the same.

Luna said...

very nice... They look so lovely by the fireplace!

Seth and Angie said...

Those are so cute, Paij! Too bad you're too educated for me to hire you to make mine. :)


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!