Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's official: I sew!

I've been doing little sewing projects here and there for a couple of years. However, I didn't know how to really sew and didn't have a sewing machine so I have had much tutoring from friends along the way (mostly Kristi). However,about a month ago, I decided it was time. I went to Shappley's and picked myself out a machine.

I've been having great fun since. It's a great excuse not to study. I have been working on a couple things but couldn't post them until I gave them away as presents. Now the present giving is done so here they are.


This is Alayna's blanket. It was my first project all by myself. I had a great time picking out the material.


This is the boppy cover I made for Cara. Don't look too close.
I also made two hats for a friend but I forgot to take pictures.

5 comments:

Lant Family said...

Those look great! Maybe someday I will learn to sew. You can give me lessons:)

Sarah McM said...

I'm so jealous! I keep trying to convince Ryan to let me learn to sew, but the machine always gets bumped down the list of "must buys."

Terry and Kalli said...

Good job, I'm so impressed

Luna said...

I was thinking of heading over there myself to buy a new sewing machine. How did you like the service?

Brent & Paij Collins said...

Yeah, Luna, they were really helpful there and seem to know what they are talking about. I didn't have a lot of questions to ask but what I did, they could answer.


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!