Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Week!

We have kind of had a Valentine's week. It started last Saturday. I told Brent I thought it would be better to go out to dinner last week instead of this week to beat the rush and to be able to find a babysitter. Then we decided we didn't need to spend money to celebrate Valentine's anyway and said we would just stay home. Then a friend who Brent had done a little service for, gave him a gift card to the Outback Steakhouse. So we changed our mind and decided we could go out after all. We called a babysitter last minute (thanks Katie) and headed to the Outback. It turns out we didn't beat the rush after all and still had to wait 50 min. So we took advantage of our time alone and ran to the Dollar Tree (one of my favorite stores) and to Circuit City (one of Brent's favorite stores). Then we enjoyed a wonderful dinner. It was a great night, all for less than $10. Sorry no pictures. I brought my camera and everything, we just forgot.
Valentine's has continued throughout this week. I have been a little busier than usual and Brent has more than picked up the slack. He has done the dishes multiple times, vacuumed the floors, did laundry, cooked lunch and dinner, and watched Morgan. I have appreciated it so much and it has given me a little free time shop and work on a blanket for a friend.

Yesterday we made pizza together for lunch and I decided to add a little Valentine fun by cutting my Canadian Bacon into hearts with a cookie cutter. I thought it was cute and we even had Sparkling Cider with our meal. We also have plans for what we are cooking for dinner tomorrow together. It has been great to be able to spend time together this week. Thanks for everything you have done Brent and continue to do. I love you. Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Alayna said...

I love the new family pic! Sounds like you had a really wonderful week!

Terry and Kalli said...

did the CB still look like hearts when it came out?


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!