Saturday, June 13, 2009

Just a Little Storm

Those of you who live here, know this was more than a little storm. The sirens were going and the news is saying get in the most inside room of your house, so I went outside to take some pictures. The first time I looked out the window one of these trees was blown over, within a few minutes, I looked again, and the other one was down. As you can see, the trunk snapped right in half.

Then I went out the back door just to check on things and see that our neighbor's trampoline has jumped the fence. Yes, this used to be on the other side of the fence there and it completely jumped the fence and landed in the tree. It broke off about the top two feet of the fence but the rest just cleared it. After taking the picture, I ran to help get it unstuck because we were afraid it would hit a car or another fence. The weather calmed down shortly after that but they said winds were up to 68 mph. Morgan slept soundly in her crib during the whole thing.

Sorry the images are blurry but it was still raining and I was a little nervous.

2 comments:

The Sullengers said...

That is crazy about the trampoline! The storms here are crazy! It's funny how they tell us all to stay inside but for some reason we all go out and take pictures just waiting for our house to get blown away :)

Olive and Kaylee said...

I can't believe you went outside to take pictures! I would've been freaking out under under a table if I heard actual sirens going off. I've probably seen the movie Twister too many times though.


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!