Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Brent's 29!

Yesterday was Brent's Golden Birthday! For his dinner, he chose to have homemade Pizza.

We went bowling with some friends to celebrate and had a great time.

Then came back to our place for cake and ice cream. When I asked him what kind of cake he wanted, he said, "A fundus cake." Like I knew what that was. Then he described to me that it is the inside of the eye and showed me pictures in his Kanski book. The white part is the optic nerve and the licorice are the veins and arteries. Not the prettiest cake but that is what he wanted.

Sadly it took him three blows to get all of his candles out. You'd never guess he used to be a runner.

8 comments:

Luna said...

Sounds like fun! Great cakes, btw.

Megan D. said...

Happy Birthday Brent-bear! Paige...Great job on the cakes, you are a good wife. :)

Olive and Kaylee said...

What a cute cake! Do you make good homemade pizza? Every time I try it turns out gross. If you have any secrets let me know! Happy Birthday Brent!

Pierce Family said...

Too funny... only an optometrist would think of such a cake!!! Great job!

The Sullengers said...

The pizza was creative too! Hey, you should send me that pic of all of us - it was great and I don't really have one! Happy Birthday again Brent!

Susan said...

Happy BDay Brent! Awesome cakes. And thanks for entertaining my hubby in my absence the other day!

Ganbat Family said...

Do you remember decorating Easter bunny cakes together? Good times.

Terry and Kalli said...

were you bowling on lane 29? Good job on both your cakes!!!


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!