Sunday, August 9, 2009

Morgan's new throne

Well I have finally finished a project I started about 6 months ago. Some friends of ours generously gave us this antique wood highchair(thank you Abbotts).

The chair definitely showed signs of wear and tear and was in need of some TLC. I fabricated a couple replacement parts, repaired the broken tray, and sanded down and refinished everything. I am happy with how it turned out.

It was a fun project to pick at here and there over the last several months. The sad part will be to watch it get all nasty as Morgan breaks it in. However, with cheesy smiles like this I might be able to handle it getting a little dirty.

A fun thing that adds character to this highchair is that it doubles as a potty training chair. I don't think we will be using this chair to its full potential. Something about associating eating and certain bodily functions doesn't settle well with me.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

you did a great job with that Paij!! Its beautiful! Between you and Brent, you guys can make anything!

Brent & Paij Collins said...

Yeah, I didn't do it. Brent made the blog posting. Sorry for the confusion.

Olive and Kaylee said...

That is amazing Brent! It's so nice, but still has all the charm of an antique!

Luna said...

Nice job Brent! What is your next project? Probably Graduating? Then moving? Oh boy. It isn't too far off. 2 semesters. Yikes!

Jen Ketcher said...

Wow, way to go, Brent! That looks fantastic. It's true, between you and Paij you guys can do anything!

The Sullengers said...

That looks really good! Great job Brent!

Megan, John and kids said...

That really looks beautiful. I'm sure it was worth the time to make it look so great, although I understand that disappointment at gross kids can make it. I had to laugh at it doubling as a potty chair, although I suppose that could have been nice and practical when the chair was originally built.

Alayna said...

Brent, you really did do a wonderful job...I'm sure it will be a family heirloom!

Susan said...

Wow, it turned out beautiful! I think it's dual purpose is hilarious!

Sarah McM said...

Potty high chair + diaper cake = win! Looks great!

Margaret Pratt said...

It looks beautiful!


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!