Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jaycee's Baby Blessing

This past weekend, Brent's brother Dave got married in Yuba City. We took the opportunity to head up to Nor Cal and bless Jaycee with most of our family present.

Here is Judy with the girls at the wedding reception.


We did the blessing and Brent's sister's house since between our two families, they attend 6 different wards and it's hard to get everyone to the same ward. We had 62 people in attendance and only 5 weren't family. Brent said a beautiful blessing and it was so great to be able to share this with our family and have so many men stand in on the blessing.
Grandma and Grandpa Hunter

Grandma and Papa CollinsOur family of four

I made Jaycee's dress. I would have had her wear Morgan's but it was too big for Jaycee since she was 4months old when we blessed her. I enjoyed making it and am happy with how it turned out. You can't see much of the detail, but there wasn't much detail so it's okay. I think she looked beautiful in it. I'm glad I did it even if it set a precedence that I will have to make all my children their own blessing outfit.
The next day Brent went hiking with his dad and nephew. They went to "our" waterfall (where he proposed,) and up the canyon a little to enjoy some nature.
I stayed a couple extra days and enjoyed spending time with my mom and sister. We shopped and took the kids to a couple different parks. A great time was had by all.


Thank you to our families for making our time in Nor Cal wonderful and memorable.

8 comments:

Lant Family said...

What a great trip! I think that is so fun to have so much family be there. Her dress is beautiful! Good job!

The Sullengers said...

How nice after years of being away that you get to share those things with family!

Terry and Kalli said...

We miss you already!! Thanks for staying long to play! Darling dress and babies!!

Margaret Pratt said...

How wonderful to have all of your family together for Jaycee's blessing! Her dress is very beautiful, you are really talented Paij!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I am so impressed that you made that dress!!! You are well on your way for making prom and wedding dresses later on:)

Kristin said...

Jaycee's baby dress is absolutely beautiful. You did such a great job! She looks like such a sweet girl and how neat to have her baby blessing so personal with all your family.

Jen Ketcher said...

I am no longer surprised at your amazing sewing abilities. Now I'm going to EXPECT you to wow me every time I check your blog! (it's a really pretty dress. you did great!) I love seeing the pics of your cute family of four! Congratulations!

Megan, John and kids said...

I love the pictures, the girls and their dresses are so beautiful. My mom made all of our blessing dresses, and I remember loving to look at how different each of them were as I was growing up. I was able to take my own dress and re-work it for Eowyn's blessing, so I think it's wonderful that you've done this for your girls. I'm glad Jaycee could be surrounded by so much love for her blessing!


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!