Monday, November 12, 2012

Running

A new family moved into our ward and I quickly became friends with the mom/wife.  We work together in primary and our kids are the same age.  She is a runner.  She has run 7 marathons.  Like a for real runner.  I am not, and have never been into running since track in the 7th grade. I've always thought it would be cool but have never had anyone to motivate me.  So I asked my new friend Jennifer if I could run with her.  We began running several days a week after the kids were in bed.  We did a 5k and then a few weeks later, a 5 mile run.  That's the farthest I've ever ran.  It was on the beach at 6am and beautiful.  I really enjoyed it. Then I left for CA and haven't really run since.  She is trying to convince me to train for a half marathon in February but I am currently not too motivated.  We'll see.  Here we are at the 5 mile run on Gun Beach. It was a USA/military themed race so you could dress up if you want.  Jennifer is lady liberty and won the costume contest.


No comments:


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!