Sunday, May 24, 2009

Morgan's 1!

I know, I can't believe it either. Friday, the 22nd was officially her birthday and it started with a fun day at the Doctor getting her 1 year shots. She screamed but really handled them pretty well. Here are her one year stats:

Weight:18lbs 14oz - 15th percentile
Height: 29 inches - 50th percentile
Head circumference: 45cm


Here she is with her presents. She seemed pretty intrigued by her new toy. She even liked it after we got it out of the box.


Here is her lady bug cake. This is my first attempt at cake decorating and I was pleased with the result. I cooked the cake in a glass pyrex bowl and it worked great. I couldn't find black food coloring so I just added blue food coloring to chocolate frosting and it worked pretty well I thought. The reason it's a lady bug is because she was a lady bug for Halloween, we have tons of lady bugs in our yard that land on you and crawl all over you and one of her favorite books is a lady bug counting book. What more reason do you need?




She still wasn't too interested in eating the cake however. The frosting was still sticky and she didn't really like it on her hands. She's such a girl.

I promise she didn't just wear a diaper cover the whole party. That was only for frosting flinging purposes. The day before her little party, I couldn't decide what I wanted Morgan to wear so I went to Hancock Fabric and bought this material. While Brent and I watched a movie, I just cut it to the length and width I wanted, sewed around it and made some straps. I think it turned out pretty cute. I'm so glad I have my own sewing machine and can do fun little projects whenever I want.

6 comments:

Lant Family said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!! She is such a cutie. JJ and I were just talking yesterday about how cute she is and her eyes are so pretty and blue. She has such a great smile!

John and Megan said...

Hope that Morgan had a great birthday. Your cake is awesome, congrats Paij! And her little dress is cute too. It's crazy how that first year can just fly.

Susan said...

The cake is SO cute! Great job Paij! Morgan really is so adorable - we love her! Happy Birthday Morgan!

Margaret Pratt said...

Happy Birthday Morgan! You are such a cute girl! The cake looks AWESOME! Her dress is super cute too! You are one talented lady Paij!

5fords said...

Wow paij, that is such a cute dress. I wish I knew how to sew!!! You are so talented!!!

Terry and Kalli said...

you're amazing. I did see that material and wanted to make dresses for my girls but they wouldn't wear them, too old :(


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!