Monday, February 14, 2011

Sewing


I was buying material to make the new baby a blanket and felt bad that I wasn't making anything for Morgan. So I bought this material and made her a little dress. I rarely sew from a pattern so each time it's a challenge but I usually enjoy it. As I did with this. For some reason she thinks it's a princess dress and has to put it on to have a tea party with her Belle doll. I love that she loves to wear it and asks me to put it on fairly regularly.


This is a baby Kimono I saw in a craft book my friend gave me and I loved it. I had to make a few changes to make it work but I'm happy with how it turned out. As you can see, it has an envelope at the bottom and at the hands if I want.

The back of the quilt.

Closeup

Finally, my little quilt. I made one for Morgan 2 days before she was born with help from a friend and decided this new little one needs a quilt made by mom too. I got the idea from the Marta Stewart Magazine and kind of made it my own with many suggestions from my husband and brother. I'm happy with how it turned out as well.

6 comments:

Jen Ketcher said...

Super cute quilt, Paij! I like the spiral. And I love seeing pictures of Morgan. I wish we could get her and Evan together to play. She's getting so big! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Terry and Kalli said...

all are sooo darling! Can't wait to see them in person this weekend!

Sarah McM said...

Ahh, getting so close! Can't wait to see a baby in that kimono.

John and Megan said...

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was the log cabin pattern from the Martha Stewart magazine! You did such a beautiful job! I'm sure that she'll love the quilt when she gets here!

The Sullengers said...

Cute sewing projects! I'll send you some of the ones I'll be doing when i get them all together! Morgan is getting so big and i am so excited to see this new little one!

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

Holy cow, you are so talented!! I could only dream...

p.s thanks for letting us be a part of your blog :)


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!