Saturday, February 18, 2012

Watch out, she's walking!!

After 4 months of crawling Jaycee has finally taken her first steps! We are very excited for Jaycee's accomplishment, and guarded as we know this means she only becomes more capable of wreaking havoc. Of course it took some motivation to get her to let go and start walking. Jaycee lives to eat. She does not lack for an appetite. Teddy grahams provided just enough motivation to get her to let go and take those steps.



Morgan was a late walker and it took chocolate chip cookies to motivate her to walk. Bribery, one of parents greatest tools....

Paij was invited out with some girls that are in an organization for the doctor's wives at the hospital. That meant I got to have time with the girls without having to compete with Paij as the favorite parent. It was really a fun evening. We played at the park. Morgan and Jaycee both let me push them on the swings for almost half an hour. I remember the joy and sense of contentment of swinging on the swings as a kid. It is fun to see my kids experiencing that same simple pleasure.

After the park we went for a bike ride around part of the base. The girls rode in the bike trailer as we explored trails lined with beautiful flowering vines and the old runway. Jaycee tucked her arm in Morgan's and snuggled right up to her and fell asleep. I wished I had the camera to catch that moment. I imagine it would be a handy reminder of more peaceful days when they are someday teenagers. Morgan loved all the wildflowers and kept asking me "Daddy, are we lost yet?" I really appreciated that vote of confidence from my child.

After the bike ride we came home and made dinner. Morgan is the opposite of Jaycee in the appetite department. Morgan would be perfectly content if her diet consisted entirely of milk, cereal, mac n cheese, and pancakes. When I asked her what she wanted for dinner she stated "a volcano." We watched Alvin and the Chipmunks at the theater today and there is a volcano in the movie. I got an idea and so Morgan ate a volcano for dinner.

I guess it would be more accurate to state that Morgan ate half a volcano for dinner. Either way it was fun to make it together and provided a little more motivation for her to eat a hearty meal consisting of a flour tortilla, cheese, and peas (green trees on the volcano of course).


Morgan wanted to take a picture of Jaycee and I and she did a pretty good job. This photo barely catches another milestone of Jaycee's. Her hair is now long enough to make two piggy tales! Her hair is crazy and it is cute to see it a little more under control with the pig tails.

3 comments:

Terry and Kalli said...

love the piggys and the volcano. Way to go brent!

The Sullengers said...

I am very impressed with the volcano Brent made and how fun to have a walker! Cute, cute kids!

Jen Ketcher said...

They're getting big so fast! Paij, Jaycee is totally your child. I love it. Thanks for the update on your life in Guam!


Morgan Kennedy Collins

Morgan is one month old!